Turn course content into Rich Web Videos
- The Full Production from Scripting, Filming, Edit and Embed to Web, eBooks and more
- HD and Mobile Friendly Strategies for best results on Multiple Devices
- Convert existing training content (PPT, PDF, Images) create quality Web Video
- Let us record your next Live Training Event for Web Playback
V2’s process in making your educational video
1. Understanding your video’s context
For most of our clients, a video forms only a small part of their content. Our goal is to help you to produce the most effective blend of educational content.
Different parts of your curriculum will best be communicated via different mediums. We need to understand the overall goal of your educational program and how you intend your video to enhance it.
2. Identifying your video’s purpose
Once we know where it fits, we need to define your video’s role. Will it introduce a new topic? Add further explanation? Illustrate a point? Provide visual instruction?
After we have agreed on the video’s purpose, we will be able to provide a loose estimate of its cost of production. The final budget for filming and post-production comes several steps later.
3. Research and collate your video’s content
Some of our clients already have their content and simply need it repackaged. Others commission us to generate the content on particular topics. This step can be as long or short as required.
Although we have a team on hand who are skilled researchers, we will seek your feedback on the content before proceeding to the next stage.
4. Write your video’s script
With the information now on hand, we hand it to our scriptwriters. Our team are experts at identifying cost-effective visual ways to communicate your content. They will be familiar with the overall project and the purpose and tone required for the video.
The script has a large role in determining the budget of the video. We will consult with you about each scene and element, providing alternative solutions where budgetary considerations apply.
5. Pre-produce your video
We hand your video’s approved script to one of our producers. He or she will work with a team to:
• Cast actors or source animators as required
• Create story boards
• Generate shot lists and schedules
At this stage, we provide you with time frames and a final budget before proceeding with step 6 + 7.
6. Film your video (Production phase)
The length of this step depends on the nature and complexity of the filming but it is often the shortest phase. Videos requiring animation may take significantly longer.
7. Edit your video
One of our editors will receive the footage and cut a rough version together based on the script. He or she will fine tune with the producer and/or director until a basic cut is ready for your approval.
This basic cut will show you the visual and auditory elements but we will not yet have added:
• Introductory or closing credits
• Background music or sound effects
Once you have approved of the edit, all of these elements will be added. The final product will be delivered to you by the negotiated deadline.